Q: who are the four people that tumblr says are your biggest fans? (Anonymous)
bada boom bada bing anon
Q: do you know what a TED Talk is? (Anonymous)
Yeaa i’ve watched a few of those online. They’re pretty awesome.
Q: *whispers* you always post such amazing stuff here and i love you for it *floats away* (Anonymous)
me and you anon
Q: who is thissssssss (Anonymous)
I AM CAITLIN AKA WILDLINGING AKA EDWARDELRICS AKA WILDLINING
Q: listen to me, just fucking listen to me, ok? I love your True Detective work. (Anonymous)
CLAWS EYES OUT
I FUCKING LOVE TRUE DETECTIVE???
I FUCKING LOVE MAKING TRUE DETECTIVE STUFF????
I FUCKING LOVE RUST COHLE????
Q: Where do you get your screencaps from True Detective if you don't mind me asking? (Anonymous)
WELLLLL I actually have all the episodes downloaded. So I cap them myself. I do have a friend though who just capped the aired episodes. yOu can download them if you want.
Q: did you change your URL again WHO ARE YOU (Anonymous)
OH YES I WAS EDWARDELRICS NOW I WENT BACK TO WILDLINGING FOR A BIT
Q: who is ur favourite u.s. president (Anonymous)
AND THE MINI SERIES ONLY STRENGTHENS MY LOVE FOR HIM.
Q: olivier maria armstrong (Anonymous)
Why I like them
Why I don’t
Favorite episode (scene if movie)
5 words to best describe them
My nickname for them
PRESIDENT OLIVER MARIA ARMSTRONG
Q: Carl Grimes (Anonymous)
MY TYPE OF ANON.
- Why I like them: FUCKIN’ BOY SOLDIER WHO IS FREAKIN CRAZY.
- Why I don’t: i don’t understand
- Favorite episode (scene if movie): UmMM. For ComicCarl issue #104. For ShowCarl! it’s gotta be 4x09 (it’s literally his episode) ooor 3x04 or 3x08. Yea.
- Favorite season/movie: Season three? For teh comic—i’ll go with an arc—The All Out War arc or Negan arc whatever.
- Favorite line: I have a lot okay but “i dont’ think the other kids will like me. I’m not like them”
- Favorite outfit: ShowCarl! When he has that jacket on and yeaidk. Comic!Carl: the bandage. always.
- OTP: SOPHIAAAAAAAAAAAA IN TEH COMICS SO CUTE.
- Friendship: RIIIICKKKK FUCKING LIKE SERIOUSLY THEY KILL FOR EACH OTHER AND CARL IS LIKE RICK’S PERSONAL SOLDIER. NO MATTER WHAT, CARL WILL ANSWER TO RICK AND RICK WILL ANSWER TO CARL.
- Head Canon: idk
- Unpopular opinion: hes not annoying
- A wish: i wish he kills negan. with lucille. omg i want a 9 year old to bash in a man’s head. brutal murder i’m bad.
- An oh-god-please-dont-ever-happen: DON’T. DIE. YOU CAN BE BLIND. LIMBLESS. YOU CAN CUT OUT YOUR OWN TONGUE, BUT DONT’ DIE. NOTHING CAN BREAK CARL EXCEPT DEATH.
- 5 words to best describe them: “big balled skull faced fuck”
- My nickname for them: MY BOYYY.
Q: rust cohle (Anonymous)
- Why I like them: have you seen him? Have you heard him talk? do you see where he lives? did you watch him dance?
- Why I don’t:????
- Favorite episode (scene if movie): Probably episode 4. but more so bc that god dAMN SINGLE SHOT.
- Favorite season/movie:
- Favorite line: idek. anything that comes out of his mouth really.
- Favorite outfit: He looks good in that corduroy jacket.
- OTP: I ship him wiht Maggie. yea his partners wife shh.
- Friendship: Marty? Not really. Jk idk.
- Head Canon: THAT HIS DAUGHTER WAS ALIVE.
- Unpopular opinion: idk
- A wish: i wish it was rust cohle all day every day for 9347837 seasons
- An oh-god-please-dont-ever-happen: don’t stop stickin’ it to the man.
- 5 words to best describe them: fcuk can’t look at him
- My nickname for them: jesus.
Q: hello where did you get your twd icon from? I love it so much :) (Anonymous)
Thankyouuuuuu! Aaand I took it from a graphic I made.
Q: A weak hold, some call it pitiful. Their reason, say what you really mean. I caved in, ran out of miracles. Reflection, who do I really see? (Anonymous)
Q: hi you're great and I think you're pretty much the bees knees (Anonymous)
Q: you've read the walking dead comics now right? would you suggest them to people who are fans of the show? are they better than the show? (Anonymous)
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO YES I’VE READ THEM. I’M ALL CAUGHT UP. WAITING FOR THE NEXT ISSUE TO BE RELEASED.
The comics are great and yes I’d suggest them to fans of the show and yes they are better than the show, hands down. Now, i’m not trying to bash the show (even though it deserves bashing) but the comics has somethign the show lacks A LOT. Consistency.
The comics are consistent 90% of the time. Character and plot wise. The show tends to write things around what they want, where as the comic (and like any good narration) does what needs to be done. People die. People commit horrible crimes. but it’s all in character. On the show though, half the time things happen because the writers want it to happen. Dale’s actor was leaving the show, so they had to kill him off. Thus the whole CARL STAY IN THE HOUSE thing and resulting in a really…strange…by chance death. They tried to add this depth to it, but realistically it felt weird and just out of place. Then you have characters saying one thing and then suddenly going back on their own code (and not in ironic plot way but literally like how can rick suddenly just become a farmer after everything???idont’ get it). The only time the show is consistent is when it a) follows the comics b) follows it’s own original plots/character development — aka daryl dixon.
The comics also don’t shy away from getting dirty and remaining dirty. The show is so wishy washy about characters and I find the most interesting characters the ones that don’t cause the most drama (daryl, carl, maggie, michonne). That also reminds me. I read a review somewhere for season four saying how the writers of the show try to write these great characters but they fail to understand them. Which I think really applies to Andrea. In the comics she’s an important, valuable character (and still alive and kickin’ ass in teh comics). They tried to give her this cool origin story—comback kid sort of—but it completely backfired. Instead she became the most annoying, thus killed off.
i know i’m bashing. I do like the show. At times. It’s the most inconsistently written show i know of, but it’s noT HORRIBle. It’s visually grand. I feel like i continue watching bc I know there is something really good lying ahead (and now that I’ve read the comics, I know something good is lying ahead).